1. Keep your feet dry and clean.
2. Keep your toenails trimmed.
3. Consider quitting smoking.
4. Check the condition of your feet everyday.
5. Never walk barefoot (I know, difficult in the summer. You'll thank us, I promise!)
6. Visit a podiatrist regularly.
7. Try walking for at least 15 minutes a day.
8. Control your blood sugar so you do not get neuropathy.
9. Apply lotion to your feet and toes to avoid sunburns.
10. Protect your feet with proper shoes. That means no flip-flops.
If you are a diabetic and do not currently see a podiatrist, call our Bristol office to make an appointment.
Richard E. Ehle, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Diabetic Foot Care in CT
Podiatrist in Bristol, CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow my tweets on Twitter.