Monday, March 17, 2014

Rob Kardashian Concerned About Diabetes Risk

Last week's episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians brought serious medical news to one of its stars.
Rob Kardashian, who has been battling weight gain for the past year, was told by a doctor that he is at high risk for developing diabetes and eventually organ failure.
His momager Kris Jenner gave her son a stern warning after they learned the results of the blood tests.
"Your liver is shutting down," she said to her 26 year old son. "This is life-threatening at this point. You can only sustain this level of being unhealthy for so long."
She then said to the cameras, "It's time for me to help Rob out, gain a little control, and get him a nutritionist and some help, so he can get his health back together."
This news was the shot in the arm Kardashian needed and he agreed he needs to make changes fast.
"It's a shock to me. I was at my best health at 26, and now I have numbers that are freaking my whole family out," Rob said. His father, Robert Kardashian, died of esophageal cancer in 2003 at the age of 59.
"My dad passed away super early, so my sisters could never handle that again... that's what everybody is super concerned about."
The first thing he tackles are his stretch marks, so he goes with mom Kris and sister Kim to see a doctor. But in the exam room, he's reluctant to take off his shirt.
"I don't want to be filmed with my shirt off," he says to his family.
Kris says, "What's wrong, Rob? Don't cry."
A depressed and tearful Rob replies, "I don't even want to sit down because of how fat I am. I don't know what to do."
Always proactive, Kris decides to get her son on the right path, refusing to give up on him.
"I'm worried about Rob," she confesses to E! cameras. "I'm not going to sit by and watch him give up."
Later in the show, nutritionists and trainers are brought in to clean out his kitchen, and begin his journey to get back in shape.
Kardashian personal trainer Gunnar Peterson works with Rob and praises him for his hard work.
In a previous episode Rob admitted that his weight gain made him depressed.
"I've never felt so down and depressed in my life. I'm trying to be in the fashion industry and I'm not going to be taken seriously when I'm fifty pounds overweight," he told sister Khloe.
"It's embarrassing to the family."
Reference: Life and Style Magazine
If you are a diabetic and do not currently see a podiatrist, call our Glastonbury or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Ayman M. Latif, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Diabetic Foot Doctor in CT
Podiatrist in Glastonbury and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow my tweets on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment